Sunday, December 24, 2006

Blogpower Christmas Day Special Radio 5 Live

I’ve just listened to the Tin Drummer with the BBC’s Chris Vallance and I thought, quite frankly, he was fantastic. We blog to each other and never know how the other one would sound but surely you’d have to agree the Tin Drummer has one of the best radio voices imaginable. I myself am deeply honoured to have been mentioned [a little too much I feel] and now I’m going back and am going to listen to it all over again. Well done, sir and you’ve done Blogpower a world of good!!

Don’t forget to download Tin Drummer’s Christmas Day special below. I’m currently exploring how to get the graphic onsite. Thanks Thunderdragon for the hosting and the work.

http://www.roedinofpern.co.uk/blog/thetindrummer-unsungblogs-hosted_by_%20thethunderdragon.mp3

or Chris Vallance's own BBC copy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/podsandblogs/2006/
12/the_best_unsung_blogs

On another matter, fellow Blogpowerers, when the Christmas rush is over, after you’re back at your computer, could you possibly respond, as Cityunslicker has responded and compose a short summation of 10 other bloggers of your choice? It’s a bit like a Christmas present for them.

Meanwhile, to all of you, from whatever persuasion, this Christmas holiday, may only good things come to pass for you, as you would wish it on others. I hope December 25th will be a day of peace for you and for your family.

7 comments:

Bill Haydon said...

James, this is very flattering. I have been told many times that I have the face for radio, but not the voice.

Meanwhile, to all of you, from whatever persuasion, this Christmas holiday, may only good things come to pass for you, as you would wish it on others. I hope December 25th will be a day of peace for you and for your family.


I'd like to echo those sentiments.

Anonymous said...

"Tin Drummer has one of the best radio voices imaginable."

I would have to agree!

Alex said...

All this talk of Tin Drummer’s voice leaves me feeling quite glad this is a blogging format as opposed to voiced dictation! You see I am from the Northern U.S. Minnesota to be exact. If the conversations I am having with the eloquent Brits over at my blog were in person I don’t think anyone would take me seriously! =)

Just signed up on the blogpower blog roll today. My site is In Search of High Places I’ve been spending a lot of time talking with Tom of Freemania and Matt of An Insomniac.

This is a fantastic little movement you all have started here, one I am more than happy to get behind!

James Higham said...

Glad to see you with the scheme, Alex. We like to think we're more of a loose confederation of mutual support and it helps immensely [and you in return] if we get around each others' sites as and when we can but more importantly even - to comment and link.

I'm the lazy one of the three, so should you need anything technical, Ian's the man and the banner comes from Tin Drummer. We feel the banner is important in drawing people's attention to the scheme.

Alex said...

Thanks James,
Doesn't look like I need any technical help so far. The code for the blog roll and banner was pretty easy to just cut and paste. Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to surfing around the other blogs on the roll.

Anonymous said...

Well done to tin drummer, I shall certainly look forward to catching up with his radio interview.

Hapy New Year to all at Blog Power.

Shani said...

Thanks for your very valid comment - appreciated - the reason I enjoy that particular blogging award site is purely for the serendipity of their links - Blogpower (from what I have experienced recently) is more about consistently high level blogging - which floats my intellectual side, and spurs me to greater writing things in response to, instead of falling over backwards giggling...

Best wishes and Happy New Year to you and your endeavours...