Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Longest Journey ---Sally in Norfolk

On June 13th 2009 I will make the longest Journey of my life.

I will fly from Heathrow to Lima in Peru.

That's a 14hour flight all on my own and I have never even been to Heathrow Airport.

The reason for this trip is to meet up with Geoff and spend two weeks in Peru which will include walking the Inca Trail.

Once I have met up with Geoff in Lima we will make our way to Cuzco to meet up with Emily, who is doing some voluntary work there from April 1st.

Now you will be wondering where Geoff is off to.

Well on April 7th he is off on a three month trip which will include going to Costa Rica, Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands before he finally meets me in Lima.

My emotions about this trip are all over the place, excited, scared, amazed, shocked, and also sad, sad at the thought of Geoff being away for 3 whole months.

Most of all I am very excited as I know this will be the most amazing trip for both of us.

Once he returns from Les Gets we have 2 months to get the trip planned, which will be a very exciting time.

Crossposted at Sally in Norfolk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a fantastic and wonderful trip - loads to plan! I wish I were going!

Zuri said...

Enjoy the Gaapagos Islands because it is the most incredible living museum of evolutionary changes, with a huge variety of exotic species (birds, land animals, plants) not seen anywhere else.

The majority of Galapagos Animals are unique in the world and can only be seen in this group of beautiful Islands.

Zuri
Gaapagos Islands Guide