Saturday, September 29, 2007

Top 500 in Terms of Blogpower

Remember that these aren't the top blogs - they are the top UK political blogs only. So if your blog is not particularly political or you're not a Brit, of course you won't be here.

Blogpower would like to publish results from other parts of the world too, once they become available. Anyway, here are our girls and boys in the Top 200:

10 Ellee Seymour
17
Norfolk Blogger

29
Chicken Yoghurt [ex mbr]
37
Theo Spark

47 Waendel Journal
50 The Last Ditch

59 Daily Referendum
60
Bel is Thinking
68
City Unslicker
74
As a Dodo
80
Westminster Wisdom
86
Matt Wardman

99
Ordovicius

124
Nourishing Obscurity
126
Looking for a Voice
135
Thunder Dragon

158 Pub Philosopher
160
Not Saussure
164
Istanbul Tory
174
Crushed by Ingsoc
176
A Conservative's Blog
178
Nation of Shopkeepers
183
Corporate Presenter

266 Grendel
280
Mutley the Dog

If it's fair to group them as above, then Ellee and Nich Starling are major blogging forces in the UK today, part of the super-league.

Theo and Chicken Yoghurt, on this showing, are clearly two of the greatest political bloggers in the UK.

Tony's and Tom's places would be challenged by no one I should think.

The 59-76 list is heartening and also quite understandable, containing bloggers we know to be top flight.

Ordo seems out on his own there and then we come down to the lesser lights as bloggers, including yours truly but still in the Top 200.

Grendel and Mutley are still clearly top bloggers with their position. In fact anyone in the Top 500 should take a bow and well done to you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a joke right? I have never written anything worth noticing about politics... Boobs, beer, pies and humiliation yes. Politics no. Well I am touched...

jmb said...

I see Mutley beat me to it. I was just going to ask are there subliminal political messages between the lines at Mut's site which I am somehow failing to see? I wouldn't want to miss any pearls.

James Higham said...

Mutley - don't be so modest. Theo also does this but he made it to N37.

JMB - subliminal? Ah, we'd all like to know that.

Crushed said...

I really don't know what to say, still.

I hadn't posted on this, or really followed it, because I kind of thought it was all a little above my league.

I am actually quite touched, believe it or not, and may have to get a copy.

Does the guide contain a little write up on the blogs?

James Higham said...

Not on all, Crushed. They had to have been written earlier, it seems. Yet to get the guide would be good. I have no way to do it myself but my friend will order me one.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Justin had left BP. Did he say why?

James Higham said...

Steve, the other Steve also asked this. Justin left for the same reason plus all our bickering.